Tourist Places around Goa
Goa might have a lot to offer but if you love travelling and exploring new towns and cities then, there are many beautiful places that you can visit around Goa. Some of the most popular tourist places around Goa are.
- Amboli - Amboli is a less know hill station in the southern range of Sahyadri hills in Maharashtra. It is located at a distance of approximately 115 km from Goa. It is at an altitude of 690 meters and is the last hill resort. After this the coastal highlands settle into to flat beaches. It is a beautiful and placid hill station with some amazing views. It makes a perfect romantic getaway. Amboli apparently is one of the wettest places in Maharashtra. The monsoon here begins from June and lasts till October.
- Dandeli - Dandeli is an upcoming tourist destination in Uttara district, Karnataka located at a distance of approximately 117 km from Goa. Dandeli is a great destination for adventure sports and to enjoy natural surroundings and wildlife. Dandeli is home to one of the most famous wildlife sanctuaries in the country - The Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary. The dense forests here provide a perfect habitat for wildlife creatures.
- Tarkarli - Tarkarli is famous for its mesmerizing beaches, soft white sand and blue skies. It is located in the Malvan area in Maharashtra around 140 km away from Goa. It is a great place to visit if you want to spend some quite and serene moments. It is a good place to spend a weekend away from Goa. Here you can enjoy the splendor of both the River Karli and the Devbagh Sea.
- Ganpatipule - Ganapatipule is located in the Ratnagari district in Maharashtra at a distance of approximately 250 km from Goa. This place is famous for its clean beaches and the Ganapatipule temple. The temple is located at the foot of a mountain which is shaped as Lord Ganapati. The temple has some of the most intricate carvings of the events of Ramayana. The beach here is very clean and clear. The best part about the beaches in Ganapatipule is that it isnít crowded and commercialized, thereby giving you a memorable experience.
- Ratnagiri - Ratnagiri is a town located about 256 km from Goa in Maharashtra. The place is most famous for its sardine fisheries. Ratnagiri is a blessed town with its magnificent hills, hot water springs, beautiful rivers and creeks, amazing views, pretty beaches, waterfalls and ancient forts and museums. It is situated on the coastal belt of Maharashtra and has some of the stateís most virgin beaches. It offers a perfect weekend getaway for tourists wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
These are some of the touristic places around Goa which should be considered visiting to. There are many more destinations around Goa as well, but these are some of the most popular places around Goa.
Things to do in Goa
Day Activities in Goa
Night Activities in Goa
All About Goa